Too busy to work out? Here is what you do.
By trying the following strategies, you can slim down in a healthy and painless manner without excessive exercising, suffering from starvation or from monotony of following a diet. Small painless, stress less changes can give great results.
Here is what you do when you are too busy to exercise or unable to stick to a diet goal:
- Always Get Enough Sleep Everyday
- Sleep is believed to be the nature’s preservative that nourishes the mind at the end of a day’s hard work and tiredness. The importance of sleep cannot be ignored when it comes to triggering weight loss.
- While you are asleep, your body is working to regulate your systems and heal any damage done from any wear and tear. Even the digestive system is pumping hard to process your food, metabolize the carbohydrates and break down fats.
- Sleep deprivation results in changes in hormone levels, particularly cortisol and insulin. Cortisol regulates sugar, fat, protein, mineral and water metabolism and insulin is responsible for blood sugar and fat storage. Sleep deprivation triggers cortisol production and leads to increased levels of insulin which makes weight loss even more challenging. Thus, treating yourself to a good night sleep can help a lot in reducing weight.
· 2. Snack on More Fruits & Eat More Veggies
- Snack on low calories as fruits and vegetables should be consumed more than other foods that are high in fat and calories. Vegetables should be consumed more often than meat as they are rich in vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and fibre.
· 3. Eat Fruits before Meals:
- Make it a habit to eat fruits at least 30 minutes before any heavy meal as fruits can be digested quickly. Eating fruits on an empty stomach detoxifies your system and makes you eat less.
4. Chew Your Food And Don’t Rush It
- Studies have proved that if you spend longer time in chewing food, you are likely to consume lesser calories.
- Chewing for a longer time prevents over-eating because it gives the brain extra time to receive signals from the stomach that it is full. This also facilitates proper digestion and limits your portion size. Therefore, it is recommended that the food should be chewed about 35 to 50 times per mouthful.
5 · Avoid Overcooking Your Meals
- Overcooking your food results in considerable reduction of nutrients. If you are deprived of nutrients, you do not feel satisfied and may crave junk food.
- In order to prevent this you can increase the consumption of raw foods like salads.
6. Avoid Eating Beyond 8 0’clock At Night
- Late night eating should be avoided to as you are likely to pile on extra pounds. In fact, you should eat your last meal before eight in the evening to avoid binging on a snack before dinner time.
- Herbal tea is a good option to satisfy your hunger after dinner time and then brush your teeth to switch off your mind from the idea of eating.
7. Have your Breakfast Everyday:
- It is a misconception that skipping breakfast is a way to cut calories and lose weight. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should not be ignored at any cost.
- Refuelling your body a few times a day is very important. When you skip your breakfast, you start feeling extremely hungry by the lunch time and end up overeating and choosing unhealthy food items.
- Missing breakfast also slows down your metabolism. Therefore, always eat your breakfast within an hour of waking up. A bowl of whole grain cereal and low fat dairy can give a nutritious start to your day.
8. Be Careful in Choosing Sweetened Drinks:
- Sweetened drinks should be avoided as they are high in calories. Satisfy your thirst with water, skim or low fat milk or small portions of 100% fruit juices or low calorie vegetable juice. Limiting alcohol can save considerable amount of calories as alcohol calories add up quickly. Make sure your drinks and juices do not contain more sugar than fruit. Limit the consumption of carbonated, fizzy drinks or soda to once a week.
9. Drink Enough Water:
- Drinking enough water is a key to a healthy lifestyle. Drinking cold water boosts your metabolism as your body will work harder to warm up the liquid resulting in more calories being burnt. It keeps you feeling full so that you do not snack. It keeps your system hydrated and helps release muscle-building hormones in your body.
· 10. Have Protein at Every Meal and Snack Break:
- Foods containing lean or low fat protein should form part of every meal or snack as they provide a feeling of fullness for longer periods, thus keeping you from overeating. Low sugar-yoghurt, small portion of nuts, peanut butter, eggs, beans and lean meats are recommended.
11. Drink Green Tea:
- In addition to water, green tea is also a great metabolism booster. Studies have shown that drinking green tea can result in 400 extra calories burnt in a week. It also has an antioxidant power especially when had at night just before bed time.
- Helps you body churn out fat even while you sleep.
12. Ditch The Elevator, Take The Stairs:
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator can go a mile in racing up your metabolism.
- Don’t be afraid of that quick run up the stairway of your office or flat when you are going to work or returning home from work.
13. Laugh More
- Laughter is considered to be the best way to lose weight without dieting. A giggle increases your heart rate, blood circulation and tones your abdominal muscles, and hence provides a natural cardio workout.
- Laughing heartily five times a day has the same benefits as 10 minutes on a rowing machine. Ten to fifteen minutes of solid laughter can burn 50 calories, which can add up to burning 4.4 pounds in a year.
- Breathing in a proper way can help us burn more calories.. Diaphragmatic breathing is the correct way of breathing – in through the nose and out through the mouth.
- Full diaphragmatic breathing burns more calories and tones abs by actively using the muscles and delivering more oxygen to the blood and muscles, thereby allowing us to work out harder and longer. These were the simple ways to lose weight without dieting.
- We have seen here that dieting is not the only option to lose weight. It’s not about what you eat, but about how you eat. Instead of depriving yourself of the food you love and starving to lose weight, you can eat everything in moderation and maintain an ideal weight. Following a healthy lifestyle and being emotionally ready to incorporate these changes is the key to success.
- Hope now you got an idea on how to lose weight without dieting or aerobics. Do share your experience with us in the comment section given below!